MEMBERSHIP RECRUITING NOTES
- WE’D LIKE TO REMAIN THE MOST PROFESSIONAL SERVICE ORGANIZATION.
- WHEN YOU GO CALLING, TAKE A BUDDY. TEAM RECRUITING IS THE MOST EFFECTIVE.
- SELL THE COMMUNITY SERVICE TO CHILDREN AS THE PRIMARY POINT. PEOPLE RESPOND WELL TO
FILLING A NEED. THEY WILL RESPOND TO HELP THE CLUB EXPAND THEIR PROGRAMS, BUT
MAY NOT RESPOND TO HELPING WITH EXISTING PROGRAMS – YOU ARE ALREADY DOING THEM
WITHOUT THE RECRUIT’S HELP.
- OK TO INCLUDE FELLOWSHIP AND GOOD FRIENDS AS SECONDARY IN IMPORTANCE.
- Today, the entire Kiwanis family has more than 600,000 members in more
than 13,000 clubs IN 96 NATIONS AND GEOGRAPHIC AREAS.
Assist children, young adults,
the aging, and the needy
- OVER $100 MILLION RAISED ANNUALLY. ALL MONEY STAYS IN COMMUNITY
EXCEPT FOR COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIPS AND The Worldwide Service Project.
- YOUNG CHILDREN PRIORITY ONE - Thousands of Kiwanis clubs support
Young Children: Priority One —a continuing service program focusing on the
needs of children, prenatal through age five, with projects in pediatric
trauma, safety, child care, and early development.
- METRO-WIDE MOM's DAY BABY SHOWER
- PARENTING EDUCATION
- HEAD START
- OTHER PROGRAMS TO HELP PREPARE CHILDREN FOR SCHOOL
- SCHOOL AGE YOUTH - What separates Kiwanis from others is our
YOUTH and SPONSORED YOUTH programs. These
clubs teach future world leaders the importance of helping others.
- TERRIFIC KIDS (TO REWARD GOOD BEHAVIOR AND GOAL SETTING IN GRADE SCHOOLS)
BUG (Bringing Up Grades)
Builders Clubs in middle school and junior highs
clubs at the collegiate level
SPECIAL OLYMPICS, SCOUTS, GIRLS SOFTBALL, BOYS BASEBALL
clubs in elementary schools
in high schools, OVER 243,000 STUDENTS IN 20 COUNTRIES
clubs for adults living with disabilities.
KIWANIS IS A GROUP OF MEN AND WOMEN WHO PUT BLINDERS ON AND SAY "WHERE
ARE THE NEEDS AND WHERE CAN WE HELP?"
AS KIWANIANS, WE EXPECT YOU TO AGREE TO DO THE FOLLOWING THINGS:
Bring a happy, friendly attitude to all Kiwanis functions
Attend as many club meetings as your family, health and business allow
Donate two to three hours per month to Kiwanis by
Participating in two or three service projects per year AND
Helping with our occasional fund raising projects
Bring into Kiwanis at least one member per year
If you must leave our club, find a replacement for yourself before leaving.
- KIWANIANS RAISE MONEY TO RUN THEIR PROJECTS, AS OPPOSED TO SOME OTHER CLUBS
THAT ASK MEMBERS TO DONATE MONEY TO SUPPORT THE PROJECTS.
- SHOW LITERATURE AND MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION TO RECRUIT
- DOES THIS SOUND LIKE SOMETHING YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED IN?
RECRUITING EMPHASIS: 5 PILLARS OF THE COMMUNITY
|| HEALTH CARE
Print Friendly Copy